Saturday, August 18, 2012

Grade 8

So, It's August...summer's almost over. Time goes by too fast! School starts on September, 4. Not only is school starting, but so is my new journey as an 8 grader. I can't believe it was two years ago when I joined DWS. I have accomplished and learned so much. Do I seem older? Not really. Do I seem smarter? Not necessarily, still can't spell necessarily without spell check. ha ha. Yet, I feel different. I am older, smarter. Somehow it happens so slightly, so gradually, it's barely noticeable. I guess that's why it seems so amazing that I'm here. I knew it would happen. I was probably looking forward to it in grade 6...but I'm not sure what I was expecting. We'll be oldest in the school. That seems pretty cool, but there are so many responsibilities that come with it - Perilous path, fundraising, grade 8 projects, exams, etc. It will be a lot to handle, but we'll have fun along the way. Besides, the fundraising goes towards our grade 8 trip which will be kind of a reward for our hard work, and one last trip as a class. Then at the end, the class of 2013 graduation, I want to look back and remember that year as being a great learning experience, and remember my class, and those two wonderful years before. But for right now, I'm just going to worry about the beginning, the start...of grade 8.

Aiming for GR8ness!

~j



No comments: