Friday, April 16, 2010

Planting



A few weeks ago, we decided to redo our whole garden for Spring. We all figured out what we were going to plant (including what our neighbor or we are going to plant), where the beds are going to be, and if we are going to plant the by seed, by plant, or by root.


We pulled out everything and chopped them up to put into our compost pile. Ricky, Daddy, and I each took turns roto-tilling the garden plots. I transpanted strawberries (by plant),Wilson planted crenshaw (by seed), and Mommy planted lemon cucumbers (by seed). Here is a song that we learned:

I dig dig dig
And plant some seeds
I rake rake rake
And pull some weeds
I wait and watch
And soon I know
My garden sprouts
And starts to grow

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Well if your gardener grandma doesn't just love your gardening poem! I worked in the garden today and wish I would have read your blog first, it makes me smile!